We are looking for a full-time Teaching Fellow in International Dispute Settlement to join our team this summer. Apply before 21 May (midnight)!
Teaching Fellow in International Dispute Settlement
Full-time, Geneva – Starting date: 1 September 2023
We are looking to hire a dedicated teaching fellow in international dispute settlement to join our team.
- 50% teaching, including class time (approx. 130h/year), significant pastoral care
- marking and giving feedback on formative essays,
- second-supervising master theses,
- accompanying students on study trips, office hours and general availability for student queries,
- teaching support to professors.
- 20% administration and citizenship, including providing logistical support for classes and events.
- 30% research on assigned projects, including the organisation of Doctoral Seminars and CIDS events.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- PhD in international dispute settlement.
- Candidates should have completed their degree not more than three years ago. Candidates who have not yet completed a PhD but are in their last year may also apply, although strictly no working time will be granted for the completion of the doctorate and a different salary would apply until completion of the doctorate.
- Master degree in international dispute settlement having achieved outstanding results
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a law firm, an arbitral institution or a governmental agency in charge of dispute settlement issues can also apply.
- Candidates with a PhD will be accorded preference.
- Demonstrated interest, academic capabilities and/or practical experience in international dispute settlement (commercial and/or investment arbitration).
- Strong command of the English language
- Knowledge of French would be an asset but is not a requisite.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your application through the Graduate Institute's recruitment platform. You may access the platform and further information on this opportunity and how to apply here.