MIDS Lecturers - Job offer
The MIDS is recruiting two
Postdoctoral Teaching Fellows in International Dispute Settlement
- one specialised in public international dispute settlement
- one specialised in private international dispute settlement
PERIOD OF CONTRACT: Fixed-term for 3 years, non-renewable, with a one-year probation period
ACTIVITY RATE: 100 %
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 31-03-2019
Mission and activities
- 50% teaching, mostly in the LLM, including class time (approx. 130h/year), significant pastoral care (such as marking and giving feedback on formative essays, second-supervising master theses, accompanying students on study trips, office hours and general availability for student queries), and teaching support to professors;
- 20% administration and citizenship, including providing logistical support for classes and events;
- 30% research on assigned projects, including the organisation of Doctoral Seminars.
- A PhD in international dispute settlement or in international law (ideally in commercial arbitration for the Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow in private international dispute settlement), completed not more than two years ago. Candidates who have not yet completed a PhD but are scheduled to do so before the end of the calendar year 2019 may also apply, although strictly no working time will be granted for the completion of the doctorate and a different salary would apply until completion of the doctorate;
- Demonstrated interest, academic capabilities and/or practical experience in international dispute settlement;
- Strong command of the English language, sufficient to teach, interact with students, mark student papers, and write research papers;
- Good knowledge of French would be an asset.
Application packages should include a motivation letter, a CV, copies of academic diplomas, work certificates, and the names of two references.
For more information, candidates are encouraged to consult the Institute's website: graduateinstitute.ch
Please note that offers received by post won't be considered.