Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler has been one of the MIDS key partners since its launch in 2008. With close ties not only to the firm, but also to some of its individual members, this partnership promotes the following academic activities and opportunities:
- Key members of the firm come to the MIDS to teach the following intensive courses:
- Reform of Investor-State Dispute Settlement, with Prof. Gabrielle Kaufmann-Kohler;
- The Arbitration Agreement in International Commercial Arbitration, with Prof. Sébastien Besson; and
- Investment Arbitration in Action, with Dr. Michele Potestà (together with Ms. Ann Catherine Kettlewell from ICSID).
- The MIDS Academic Retreat is lead and co-organized with Dr. Michele Potestà.
- The firm recruits around 2 interns each academic year to pursue a 6-month internship after the completion of the MIDS courses and as part of their studies and program in Geneva.
- Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler also generously sponsors a full scholarship (covering the MIDS tuition fees and living expenses in Geneva) each academic year.